(4 persons, 20 minutes) 4 slices of ciabatta bread 200g…
IngredientsPita Burger (2 persons, 40 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon. dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 300g ground beef chuck
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 pita rounds
- Mint-Feta Pesto (recipe follows)
- Shredded lettuce for serving
- 30g loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/8 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 125ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- 185g feta cheese, crumbled
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, mix together the shallot, parsley, mint, mustard, rosemary and garlic. Gently work in the beef until well blended. A tablespoon or two of ice water sometimes helps with the mixing. Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a patty about 1 inch (2.5 cm.) thick, being careful not to compact the meat too much. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Make a depression in the center of each patty with your thumb.
Place the patties into a frying pan, turning once, until nicely charred on both sides, about 5 minutes per side for medium. The patty should give slightly when pressed. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, put the pitas in the oven and toast lightly, turning once.
Cut of about one-third of each Pita and place a little of the mint-feta pesto in the bottom of each pita, add a burger, and top with shredded lettuce and a little more pesto. Serve at once. Serves 4
In a blender or food processor, combine the mint, pine nuts and red pepper flakes and pulse until the mint is chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the oil in a thin, stead stream, processing until a thin paste forms. If the paste is too thick, add a little more oil. Add the feta cheese and pulse 3 or 4 times to mix. Alternatively, for a more rustic sauce, transfer the mint mixture to a bowl and stir in the feta just until combined. Season with salt and black pepper.